Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Problem regarding Stack size Overflow !

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:54:08 +0100
Hi Naman,

On 23/06/2011 09:17, Naman Agarwal wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the prompt reply
>
> I was using the 32 bit Eclipse with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. I could not find
> a version for the 64 bit usage on the download page on the site.

I suspected that you might be using Windows, as I think I have seen that
limit with Windows before, which seems to be a lot lower than the other
32 bit OSs.

We don't have a 64 bit version of ECLiPSe for the current release (6.0),
but we do have the 64 bit version for the development branch of ECLiPSe
(6.1). This is not available via the file releases at Sourceforge; you
need to go to the download sites for our daily builds to get this. The
development branch is pre-release, but as long as you do not use the new
features (except 64 bit Windows, of course), I would not expect there to
be any problems. You should go to:

http://eclipseclp.org/download.html

and select one of the distribution site under latest builds, and then
select the Dev directory (for the development branch), and then pick the
latest build there.

> As far as why the memory may shoot up is probably not due to the array size
> itself but rather the kind of constraints and equations that feature in the
> program, they are large equations, and in totality cover a huge number of
> these terms present in this array.
> There is one equation that itself contains 3000x3000 terms
> and then there are 3000x3000 small equations  ... so that may heavily shoot
> up numbers.

If the items in your matrix are actually equations, which are almost
certainly structures, then I guess it is possible for you to run out of
stack space with the default settings.