[eclipse-clp-users] External procedure constraints

From: Mick Hallward <mick1792_at_...75...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I have a question about external procedures
(my apologies if the information can already
be found in the manual or in the tutorial;
I've searched both a good deal but couldn't
get anywhere). The question is this: is it
possible for a constraint to be an external
procedure call? For instance, can I have
something like this:

foo(X,Y) :- [X]:: 0 .. 100, X #>=20, X #\= 26, g(X,Y), indomain(X).

Suppose here that g(X,Y) is an arbitrary external
function (e.g. a function written in C or whatever)
that relates X and Y. When I call foo, will an appropriate
value for X will be selected, according to the "normal"
constraints  X #>=20, X #\= 26 AND also according
to the "external" relation g?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!