Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Too much output on compiling, how to reduce?

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...269...>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:57:22 +1100
Ulrich Scholz wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> when compiling an ECLiPSe project on the command line, I get so many lines
> of output that I sometimes "miss" error messages.  In particular, I get a
> lot of
>
> Found CHR ... in module types, generating transformed code
> *** Creating auxiliary predicate '...' / xxx
> <ECLiPSe Library> loaded in 0.00 seconds
>
> most of the time, these lines do not tell me "new" info.  How can I reduce
> the output?

ECLiPSe uses different streams to print different classes of messages:

output
error
warning_output
log_output

Most of the messages you mention go to log_output, and you can suppress
them by redirecting this stream, e.g. set_stream(log_output, null),
or redirect them to a file via open("logfile",write,log_output).

-- Joachim