Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Reified constraint without propia

From: Philipp Marcus <marcus_at_...247...>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:25:44 +0200
Hi,

thanks for your hints. In my case the problem is, that inside the
mycon(..,Y,1) predicate there exists a ic_sets:in(X,Y,B) predicate (so Y
is a set variable). When I call mycon(..,Y,1) by my self, the the domain
of the set is correctly reduced.

But calling mycon_constr(..,Y,1) (which should immediatle 'delegate' to
the mycon(..,Y,1) predicate, as B is instantiated) does not reduce the
domain of the set.

mycon_constr(..,Y,B) :-
     mycon(..,Y,B) infers most.

I don't know exactly but I might guess that this has something to do
with ic_sets and a missing msg predicate. So my question was: Given the
predicate

mycon(..,Y,1) :-

and

mycon(..,Y,0) :-

is there a general pattern to combine the two to a reified constraint
without using propia? Especially I'd like to know how you would check
the entailment or disentailment when B is unknown. For the two cases,
where B is instantiated I'd implement the predicate something like this:

mycon_constr(..,Y,B) :-
     (ground(B)->    mycon(..,Y,B);    suspend( mycon_constr(..,Y,B), 3,
[B] -> inst)).

But I need to include the entailment/disentailment check. I'd be really
happy if somebody could give me a suggestion.

Best regards,
Philipp