Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Debugging and Development

From: david <david_at_...151...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:54:08 +0800
On 3/13/2010 2:19 AM, Christian Wirth wrote:
> I'm currently using a text editor and the eclipse tracer/inspector for
> debugging .. but i find this very annoying, because i'm missing several
> features that i'm used to have from other development platforms (..like
> Eclipse for Java).

Unfortunately, there is no better IDE than TkEclipse right now.

There is a partly functional Eclipse IDE plugin called Saros on
sourceforge, but there hardly any documentation for it, and I believe
work on it recently stopped.
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=550902&group_id=177708
<http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=550902&group_id=177708>

>  At first, i want to know if there is a special Prolog development editor
>  ? found one for Eclipse but that does not support EclipseCLP.

You might be referring to PDT, which unfortunately supports only SWI-Prolog right now. However, PDT developers have put up an Eclipse proposal to create a common Prolog plugin, ELF,http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/elf/

I hope that ECLiPSe can be one of the supported flavors.

David