Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Problem building tutorial/lp_cut_stock.ecl

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:45:03 +0000
Hi Josef,

Josef Chmel wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't build the file /tutorial/lp_cut_stock.ecl from the examples of
> the distribution.
>
> I get the following message:
>
> *** Warning: Singleton local variable Xj in do-loop (not used in loop
> body)
> illegal stream specification in get_stream_info(7, name, _117814)

Thanks for reporting this. This is definitely a bug in ECLiPSe, and it
seems to be happening when the system is trying to get the file name
(i.e. lp_cut_stock.ecl) as part of the warning message. This appears to
be a bug that was introduced relatively recently (it is not in 6.0#103).
We will track down this bug and fix it.

> As workaround it is possible to comment out line 59:
>                 % param(Xj)
>
> and insert a dummy usage for loop variable J after line 41.
>                 foreach(J,VV),

The lp_cut_stock.ecl code looks incorrect. I am not familiar with the
code, so I cannot tell what the original intention is, but when
variables are passed into a do-loop body with a param, the variables
is intended to be used somewhere -- this is the reason for the warning.
your workaround will only silence the warning, but almost certainly does
not fix the problem with the code.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.