Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Getting legaly named variables / Unifiying Term Lists

From: Christian Wirth <tyrion_at_...215...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:51:32 +0100
Hello,

i have a working solution now (it seems, more tests needed).
But first things first:
I want to get all abstract moves, to determine the relation between facts.
An example:
I have the condition cell(X,Y,Player) and the effect cell(X,Y,blank),
then i have a "remove" relation. Because the move replaces a
player-dependent constant with a player-independent constant in a fact.
To not get 1000's of states is the reason why i dont want the variables
instanciated. If only the variables are instanciated, that are making a
difference to the condition/effect and not the position, the move count
is not very big.

Now to my solution:
After Stefan pointed out some other problems and gave me some tips for a
solution, i got something working by a combination of different
approaches i had.
I'm generating a legal move and all effects to that move command. This
is happening nearly without unification, but by simply converting the
terms to CNF and determining the relevant predicate calls.
Of cause, one move command can describe several move. To test if one
effect is applyable, i try to unify the effect conditions with the legal
conditions.
Additionaly i do not convert terms to string/byte representations
anymore. Thatway they stay a "term" always and the unification works
correctly.

But as Stefan already pointed out, this stuff goes beyond what this
mailling list is for. But if u are interested to see if my approach is
going somewhere, maybe there is another way to stay in touch.
Maybe there is a GGP Forum somewhere out there i dont know ?

cheers Christian