[eclipse-clp-users] Visualizing delayed goals as 2D spatial regions in Java

From: -dp- <david_at_...151...>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:40:33 +0800
I'm looking for suggestions about how I might implement a visualization. My
ECLiPSe program takes as input a set of points in 2D space, plus information
about the properties of each point that helps predict where each point will
be next. The delayed goals at any point are equations in terms of X and Y
variables that describe subregions (e.g. circles or pie shapes around each
point) of where each point might be next. I want to create a graphical
display of the points and subregions (as circles, etc) that will be updated
as delayed goals change.

I've looked at ECLiPSe%206.0/doc/visualisation/visualisation003.html in my
local install docs. Although none of the provided viz clients suit my need
directly, perhaps lib(java_vc) is something I should try to build on?

My earlier idea was to use the Java embedding interface. I don't need to
display every change to delayed goals; I would be fine with calling a
dedicated predicate whenever I wanted to update the display. So, I thought I
would use delayed_goals/1 to get the delayed goals, then change all
variables to specially-named strings (to avoid having them rendered as
nulls), then put them on my eclipseToJava queue (and write an equation
grapher in Java).

Is there a better way?