Re: [eclipse-clp-users] readline or command history editing?

From: Joachim Schimpf <joachim.schimpf_at_...44...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:55:42 +1100
Gordon wrote:
> Hi, new to ECLiPSe and running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 running from the console.
>
> I find that I can't edit the command line history entries or use the
> arrow keys. Is there a way to build ECLiPSe so that it has a friendlier
> console?

You should really consider using tkeclipse.  Not only does that solve
your history problem, but also gives you much better debugging
facilities, like source display during tracing and term inspection.

If I recall correctly, some old versions of console ECLiPSe had a
readline-based command line, but I think it was taken out because
of portability problems and maybe even licensing problems at the
time.  The situation has probably improved, so if someone wants
to take a look at this...

-- Joachim