Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Error compiling in C++ calling eclipse.

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:57:54 +0100
Roman Buil wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am calling eclipse predicates from C++ and everything where working
> well using eclipse 5.8.
>
> I changed to eclipse5.10 or 6.0 and I get these errors twice during the
> compilation(from different .cpp files):
> \eclipse 6.0\include\i386_nt\eclipse_cc.h(727) : error C2065:
> 'dllimport' : undeclared identifier
> \eclipse 6.0\include\i386_nt\eclipse_cc.h(727) : error C2448:
> '<Unknown>' : function-style initializer appears to be a function definition
> \eclipse 6.0\include\i386_nt\eclipse_cc.h(727) : fatal error C1004:
> unexpected end of file found
>
> I think I've checked everything in project settings, and everything is ok.
>
> Could you anybody help me with this?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Roman

Hi Roman,

 From your description, you appear to be using ECLiPSe on Windows, and
you are using a C++ compiler from Microsoft. I have never used ECLiPSe
in this configuration, so I have not replied earlier, but as there have
not been other replies, I thought I might as well try to give you some
information at least...

You seem to be running into a very basic problem while your compiler is
parsing the eclipse_cc.h include file. I suspect that if this is a
general problem, then anyone who tried to use Microsoft C++ will run
into your problem. So if anyone reading this has any experience with
uinterfacing ECLiPSe and C++ from Microsoft, please let us know if you
have run into this problem as well!

We now build the Windows version of ECLiPSe differently from the IC-Parc
days (version 5.8 was the last IC-Parc version), in that everything is
now done with tools from GNU, including the C++ compiler. This could
possibly be causing your problem, as I don't believe we have personally
tested interfacing to Microsoft's compilers with the new ECLiPSe.

However, I think we do have various users who have interfaced to the
post IC-Parc ECLiPSe from C++ in a Windows environment (for example, we
had a question on this mailing list about deploying ECLiPSe with C++ on
a Windows environment last year). I assume that it is more likely that
they were using Microsoft's C++ compiler than GNU's.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.