Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Finding the ECLiPSE startup directory

From: Paulo Moura <pmoura_at_...16...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:32:45 +0000
On 2009/03/16, at 14:05, Paulo Moura wrote:

> I'm looking for a cross-platform solution to find the startup
> directory when running ECLiPSe. On POSIX systems is easy as the
> environment variable PWD is usually defined so the solution is simply
> to use getenv/2. This, of course, doesn't work on Windows. Is there
> any way to find the startup directory that would work across all
> operating-systems supported by ECLiPSe?

Please note that using getcwd/1  doesn't work as this built-in
predicate returns the directory of the file being compiled, not the
directory from which ECLiPSE was started.

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura_at_...16...>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research:  <http://logtalk.org/>