Re: [eclipse-clp-users] how to recompile kernel/io to wrap remote_connect_*

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:42:12 +0000
Yngwie wrote:
> Hi there, I'm a new user building an expert system backed by
> ECLiPSe and accessible from a web application written in PHP.
> I have implemented the remote protocol and EXDR parsing/generation
> described in the user manual on the PHP side and performed
> some tests with success.
>
> Now, the problem is that I need to socket/bind/listen and
> put the application on the ECLiPSe side in the classic "accept"
> infinite loop waiting for client connections (for now, let's ignore
> any performance issue may derive from such an iterative server).

Hi Andrea,

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do completely, and I
don't really know much about PHP, but from what I can see, you probably
should not be using the remote protocol -- fundamentally, there is the
concept of a single `attachment' at the start of a connection. This is
when you use new_socket_server/3 to create a socket server connection,
and then you create the two socket connections (Control and RPC) which
are then used for all subsequent communications between ECLiPSe and the
remote peer.

What you seem to want to do is for the ECLiPSe side to continuely accept
new socket connections. Am I correct in thinking that this means that
each time your remote application wants to communicate with ECLiPSe, it
needs to create a new socket connection? I am not sure how this can fit
into the remote protocol, unless each of these connection is for a new
peer.

If you cannot change your remote application to communicate via the same
socket queues once attachment is made, then I would suggest you need to
implement your own connection to ECLiPSe without using the remote
interface, and use the lower level  socket/bind/listen etc. predicates
to do this.

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.