Re: [eclipse-clp-users] memory leak

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:03:09 +0000
Stephan Schiffel wrote:

> To make things more complicated embedding ECLiPSe into C doesn't seem to work
> with the recent versions of ECLiPSe. With version 5.10_147 I get the
> following output:
> calling an undefined procedure
> cd_if_possible("/usr/local/packages/eclipse-5.10_147/lib/suspend.eco") in
> module sepia_kernel
> iteration 0
> Segmentation fault
>
> With version 6.0_58 the program exits after printing:
> inconsistent procedure redefinition in tool_((<) / 2, (<) / 3, sepia_kernel)

Hi Stephan,

The implementation of cd_if_possible/1 was moved from ECLiPSe into C
relatively recently in 5.10. My guess is that you can see the above
error if you are loading in an older version of libeclipse.so before
cd_if_possible was defined in it.

Since you have multiple versions of ECLiPSe, you must ensure that the
correct version of libeclipse.so is loaded when you run your program.
In Unix, the system will search the directories defined in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS X), so if you change the
version of ECLiPSe you are using, you need to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH (as
well as ECLIPSE_DIR, which you are using to point to the ECLiPSe
directory).