Re: [eclipse-clp-users] configuring mac os binaries

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:44:09 +0000
Hi Ed,

Someone else have reported this problem before. I don't really
understand what is causing the error -- because it seems to be
complaining about a symbol in tkexdr.dylib, which is loaded before
tkeclipse.dylib, and this load seem to have succeeded, and so the symbol
should be defined.

I don't have direct access to a Mac, so I can't run tkeclipse, but the
two load commands seems to work when I try them from tcl:

kish$ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=.../Eclipse_6.0_51/lib/i386_macosx
mediaLab-MacPro:i386_macosx kish$ tclsh
% load tkexdr.dylib
% load tkeclipse.dylib
% exit

You can try doing this yourself - .../Eclipse_6.0.51 should be replaced
by the path to your ECLiPSe, of course.

I am wondering if the problem is due to the version of Tcl/Tk you are
using. On the Intel Mac I have access to, which is running OS 10.5, the
native Aqua Tcl/Tk is found in /System/Library/Frameworks, which is the
default setting for RUNME, but this is Tcl/Tk 8.4. Is your Tcl/Tk
framework located in /System/Frameworks? If it is, there should be
Tcl.framework and Tk.framework directories there.

The Tcl/Tk version could be found from within the Version directory of
the framework, e.g. in Tcl.framework:

mediaLab-MacPro:~ kish$ cd /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/
mediaLab-MacPro:Tcl.framework kish$ cd Versions/
mediaLab-MacPro:Versions kish$ ls
8.4     Current

The Aqua wish executable is on /usr/bin on this Mac, and I think this
may be a standard location.

So assuming your Mac has the same configuration, then in RUNME, you
should change the Tcl/Tk version to 8.4, and change the directory for
the wish8.4 executable to /usr/bin.