Re: [eclipse-clp-users] Calling predicates from a module using Java

From: Kish Shen <kish_at_...2...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:45:17 +0100
Hi,

Wit Jakuczun wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a question regarding Java to ECLiPSe interface.
> I have a prolog program that consists of a few modules.
> I would like to be able to call a predicate from a module.
> For this I tried such code:
> 	CompoundTerm ret = engine.rpc(
> 		new CompoundTermImpl(":",
> 			"problem",
> 			"test(V)"
> 			)
> 		);
>
> Unfortunately it does not work. I get the following error:
>     type error in type error in is_a_module("problem")

You are using Java strings for "problem" and "test(V)". These are mapped
to ECLiPSe strings -- see the section on the mapping between ECLiPSe and
Java data types in the Embedding manual. ECLiPSe modules
have to be atoms, not strings -- this is why you are getting the type
error (and also "test(V)" is a string, and not
the compound term test(V)).