Re: [eclipse-users] Count number of non-ground variables in a list

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:07:03 +0000
Hi,

I am not sure I understand what you want correctly: in CLP, the `search'
is the process of assigning values to all problem variables, resulting
in a feasible solution, so the number of unassigned variables will
always be zero if/when you have found a solution. Even for a MAX CSP
problem, where you have `soft' constraints that can be violated, all the
variables will still be assigned values. Am I missing something about
your problem?

Which constraint solver are you using? It seems a little odd to use $=/2
for your count_nonground predicate,
firstly this implies that count_nonground/2 should be a constraint for
your solver (which you would probably have to implement yourself), and
secondly, in the common solver interface we use, $=/2 accepts variables
with real intervals (i.e. they can take on real (non-integeral) values),
while the number of nonground variables must be an integer.