Re: [eclipse-users] node(daVinci) and uDraw(Graph)

From: Kish Shen <kish_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 19:12:39 +0000
Hi Tias,

I think the problem with the lib(daVinci) only drawing the graph once is
a known problem. The current API for daVinci seems to be:

daVinci_begin
...various commands to add nodes/edges to the graph
daVinci_end

the various commands to add nodes/edges generates command for the
daVinci API directly, and are written to a stream. daVinci_end closes
some of these streams (including daVinciAttribute) and sends the daVinci
commands to daVinci to plot the graph. The `illegal stream
specification' error you get is because the stream was closed by the
daVinci_end after the first solution is plotted.

If what you want to do is simply to add more nodes and edges to the
graph (rather than deleting nodes that you have backtracked over) on
subsequent plots of the graph, it may be relatively easy to do --
looking at the uDraw documentation, it looks like you can add (and
delete) nodes/edges from the graph. So either daVince_end can be
modified to 1) not close the streams, and 2) send commands to add the
new nodes/edges, or a new command can be added to lib(daVinci) to just
plot a graph or modify the existing plot.

I seem to remember that a few years ago, daVinci went commercial, and so
we have not really spent too much effort on maintaining/improving
lib(daVinci). Looking at the link you provided, it seems as if it is now
freely available. We would really welcome any improvements in this library!