Re: [eclipse-users] MIssing files.

From: Kish Shen <kish_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:23:19 +0100
Hi Donald,

Donald Halomoan wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I am trying to port ECLiPSe to Intel processor running Solaris 11.  It
> compiled successfully but the icparc_solvers module won't.  It asking
> for header files rounding_control.h and emu_export.h inside ic.c file.
>  Anybody know how to solve this problem?  I am using gcc 3.4.3.

I am not sure what you mean by `porting'. The source should compile for
Intel processors
running Solaris (except IA64). We have compiled and built for this platform
before, but we don't do it reguarly currently because we don't have this
platform in our
current build infra-structure. By the way, I am not sure what Solaris 11
is -- isn't
Solaris 10 the latest version?

You should just need to set the ARCH environment variable to
i386_sunos5, and then follow
the instruction in the INSTALL file (in the ECLiPSe toplevel directory)
to build ECLiPSe,  i.e.
something like

./configure
make -f Makefile.i386_sunos5

How did you try to port ECLiPSe? emu_export.h and rounding_control.h are
in <ECLiPSe>/sepia/include,
and the Makefile in icparc_solver should be configured to find include
files in this directory; in the
following line:

CPPFLAGS  = -I. -I$(ECLIPSEDIR)/include/$(ARCH)
-I$(ECLIPSEDIR)/sepia/include ,,,,

My guess is that if your compiler is having problems finding these
files, it would be because ECLIPSEDIR
was not defined correctly (but I am surprised you didn't have problems
with the other include directory
as well). This suggest you didn't configure properly before compiling.

If you did follow the normal configure procedure and ran into your
problem, please give more information
on what you did exactly, and the error messages you are getting.