Re: [eclipse-users] term_string

From: Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr_at_...25...>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:41:59 +1000
On 15/08/2007, at 8:27 PM, Joachim Schimpf (Independent Contractor)
wrote:

> I am aware that some confusion is caused by an ECLiPSe feature that is
> meant to help debugging, but sometimes achieves the opposite: the
> retention and printing of these (non-unique) source names.  That's why
> in the second example, the toplevel by default prints f(X) for both
> T1 and T2, even though these X's are different...
> You can change these print-settings in tkeclipse via
> Tools->GlobalSettings->OutputMode->variables by selecting the
> "_123" or "X_123" mode, or by calling one of
> ?- get_flag(output_options,Old), set_flag(output_options,[variables
> (raw)|Old]).
> ?- get_flag(output_options,Old), set_flag(output_options,[variables
> (full)|Old]).
> from the toplevel or your program.  This will then guarantee to print
> different names for different variables.

Is there any way to specifically set these debug names for variables?
It would help in CSPs with many variables, like:

(for(I, 1, 10),
  foreach(Vi, Variables),
  param(Domain)
do
	Vi :: Domain
)

to be able to give the names V1, ..., V10 to the Vi variables, if
only for debug purposes.

Malcolm

--
"The modern man in revolt has become
           practically useless for all purposes of revolt.