Re: [eclipse-users] How to use eclipse_rt.tgz file while running Java Application

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 17:15:24 +0100
Hi Bhushan,

eclipse_rt.tgz is a cut-down version of the full ECLiPSe distribution,
without the development tools and interactive environment. You don't
need to download eclipse_basic.tgz if you are using eclipse_rt.tgz, and
you run it from Java in the same way as you run the normal ECLiPSe.

You unpack eclipse_rt.tgz the same way you unpack the other tgz files,
but don't unpack eclipse_basic.tgz into the same directory, because
eclipse.tgz is essentially a superset of eclipse_rt.tgz.

If you are using Windows, and have installed ECLiPSe using the self
extracting .exe file, and are not familiar with .tgz tarball files, you
need some unpacking software to unpack the tgz file -- I believe you can
use WinZip to do this -- if you do use WinZip, make sure it does not try
to be too clever and does its `smart' conversion of CR/LF -- see
README_WIN.TXT in the ECLiPSe directory for more information.