[eclipse-users] Error in bin packing example

From: Lutz, Charles D <charles.d.lutz_at_...53...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:20:52 -0400
Hi folks,

I am trying the bin packing example from the tutorial, and I'm getting
the following

error:

calling an undefined procedure constrain_bin(Bin) in module eclipse

I typed in the example, got the error, then made a new .pl file in which
I copied the

code from the PDF of the tutorial in case I had made manual typos, but I
get the

same result.

It seems to be complaining about the first predicate in the second
clause defining

bin_setup/2 below:

bin_setup(Demand,[]) :-

all_zeroes(Demand).

bin_setup(Demand, [Bin | Bins]) :-

constrain_bin(Bin),

reduce_demand(Demand, Bin, RemainingDemand),

bin_setup(RemainingDemand, Bins).

constrain_bin/3 is defined like this:

constrain_bin(bincolour:Col, capacity:Cap, contents:C) :-

colour_capacity_constraint(Col, Cap),

capacity_constraint(Cap, C),

contents_constraints(C),

colour_constraints(Col, C).

Since the call within bin_setup/2 only has one parameter ("Bin"), is
this the problem?

Thanks,

Chuck Lutz

Lockheed Martin

Systems of Systems Engineering

BMC4I Modeling and Simulation

Moorestown, NJ

(856)638-7234 (office)

charles.d.lutz_at_...53...

"A graphic is never an end in itself; it is a moment

in the process of decision making."
     - Jacques Bertin