Re: [eclipse-users] Compiling Eclipse with CPLEX 10.2

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:56:02 +0100
Hi Brammert,

B. Ottens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> at the moment I am trying to compile Eclipse with CPLEX 10.2 and am
> running into the following error
>
> seplex.c: In function ‘p_cpx_loadprob’:
> seplex.c:4246: warning: passing argument 8 of ‘CPXcopysos’ from
> incompatible pointer type
> seplex.c:4246: warning: passing argument 9 of ‘CPXcopysos’ from
> incompatible pointer type
> seplex.c: In function ‘p_cpx_optimise’:
> seplex.c:5713: error: ‘CPXERR_NO_INT_SOLN’ undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> seplex.c:5713: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> seplex.c:5713: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [i386_linux/secplex102.so] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/ufs/gast217/Eclipse/icparc_solvers'
> make: *** [make_icparc_solvers] Error 2
>
> I have no idea how to solve this, so I hope that someone does.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Brammert Ottens

> ECLiPSe-Users_at_...2...
> http://www.crosscoreop.com/mailman/options/eclipse-users

Hi,

I am not sure if the last message went out or not -- I tried to cancel
it, so I am sending another reply.

It looks like you either have an older source (before 5.10#57, when
support for CPLEX 10 was added), or you are compiling with the wrong C
flags (in particular, without -DCPLEX=10). If you have an older source,
please update to a more recent one, and if you do have a more recent
source, can you please show me the exact gcc command that was issued
that generated the above error?

The problem is due to changes in the C API for CPLEX between CPLEX 9 and
10, and seplex.c needed to be modified for the new API. If you want to
fix such problems in the future, you would need to look at the
documentation for the new and old versions (CPLEX 9 and 10 in this
case), and see how it was changed and modify the code yourself to
support the new API. In addition, you need to define a new set of
parameter definitions for the new version in eplex_params.h (the file
has some instructions on how to do this).