[eclipse-users] Predicate declarations in Eclipse

From: Siddharth Angrish <sidangrish_at_...6...>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:03:38 -0400
Hi

        I am trying to port a big prolog code (FSA6) to ECLiPse. The
code is compatible
with swi/sicstus/yap(SSY) prologs. I have a few queries regarding
predicate delarations:

1) SSY support the keyword, multifile. Does EClipSe use "dynamic" for
the purpose?

2) Does "dynamic" also serve the purpose of the keyword
"discontiguous" which is there
in all SSY

3)  SSY support the following declaration:
      multifile user:help_info/4.
   which I think says that-> To the predicate help_info/4,  "defined"
in module "user",
  new clauses can be added in the current file.

I modified it to: (only in the first file)
    dynamic user:help_info/4

            However, this module does not exist anywhere in the code I
am porting.
I suppose it is created on the fly in SSY, a feature which ECLIPSE
does NOT support.

To circumvent the "non-availability" of this feature I created the user module
myself as  following:
-----------user.ecl------------------
:- module(user).
help_info(A,B,C,D).
----------------------------
      Then in the module I am working on, I included the delcaration
:- lib(user).

Upon compilation I am getting the error: ( I am using->
lib(myLibraryName). to compile)
[[type error in dynamic user : help_info / 4 in module fsa_array]]

what can be the problem?

4) How can one see all the "loaded modules " in the current instance of eclipse

5) Is there any way/need of getting a "public declaration" for a
predicate in ECLIPSE

Many thanks in advance ;)
Siddharth