[eclipse-users] Fwd: 'forall' predicate

From: Malcolm Ryan <malcolmr_at_...25...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:39:24 +1000
On 28/03/2007, at 4:57 PM, Malcolm Ryan wrote:
> I want to construct a predicate which applies a certain constraint to
> every variable in a list, kind of like the "map" function in
> functional programming. Its logical semantics should be "for all X in
> List : P(X)".

I worked it out. I wrote my own version of copy_term which only
duplicated a particular variable. The code is below. If anyone can
suggest a more efficient way of doing this, I'd like to hear it.

Malcolm

forall(X, Variables, Constraint) :-
	(foreach(V, Variables), param(X, Constraint)
	do
		copy_term(Constraint, Constraint1, X, Y),
		Y = V,
		call(Constraint1)
	).

copy_term(Term, Term, _X, _Y) :-