Re: [eclipse-users] Newbie: listing command

From: Kish Shen <kisshen_at_...5...>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:02:59 +0000
Philippe de Rochambeau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there an equivalent to the 'listing' command in Eclipse?
>
> I would like to list the facts and rules which I just compiled from
> source code, if that's possible.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Philippe

The listing/0 predicate exists in ECLiPSe (you can actually check if a
predicate is `built-in' by the help/1 predicate:

[eclipse 4]: help listing.

)

Currently, listing/0 will only show dynamic predicates (essentially
predicates that are not `compiled' in the normal way, and which you can
add or remove clauses dynamically), which you should declare with a
dynamic/1 directive.

Normally you don't want to declare your predicates as dynamic unless you
want to modify them. In this case, they would not be shown by listing/0.
However, you can see the source code for your predicate using the
predicate browser tool in tkeclipse: by selecting the predicate you are
interested in and clicking the `Show source' button.  [this assumes your
predicate definitions are contiguous]