Re: [eclipse-users] Two small questions about ECLiPSe installation on Windows

From: Joachim Schimpf <js10_at_...2...>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:37:52 +0000
Webb Stacy wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am new to ECLiPSe--installed it a couple of days ago-- and like it so
> far but have run into two smallish problems that don't seem to be
> covered by the FAQ. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2 and Java JRE 1.5.0_06.
>
>    1. I've encountered a problem with the visualization client and
>       tkeclipse. If I select "Visualization Client" from the Tools menu,
>       tkeclipse just hangs--it won't even repair window damage when I
>       move the VC away from it..

I wonder if this is related to Java 1.5 - does anyone see
this problem with Java 1.4 or older, or does anyone _not_
see this problem with Java 1.5 ?
If so, please let us know at eclipse-bugs_at_...2...
(operating system, java version and Eclipse version please!)

>	 On the VC, the only button available on
>       the VC is Interrupt (Resume is grayed out.)

This is normal when just started up.

>    2. I can't seem to find eclipse.el anywhere in the distribution for
>       eclipse mode in emacs--even poked around a little in CVS, but no joy.

You can find it at
http://eclipse-clp.org/Distribution/pub

-- Joachim