Re: [eclipse-users] [Help] ECLiPSe 5.10\lib\i386_nt does not include eclipse.lib???

From: Joachim Schimpf <j.schimpf_at_...2...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 00:30:59 +0000
Zhou Xu wrote:
> According to the ReadME_WIN.txt:
> ===
> The important files are in <eclipsedir>\lib\i386_nt:
>
>     eclipse.exe		ECLiPSe standalone executable (needs eclipse.dll)
>     eclipse.dll		ECLiPSe linkable library
>     eclipse.lib		ECLiPSe linkable library stubs
>     eclipse.def		Export specification of the dll
>     eclipse.reg		Registry file for use with regedit
> ==
>
> However, I can't find .reg and .lib
>
> How can I use functions in eclipose.h (or eclipse.lib)?
>
> It is said that "cannot open eclipse.lib" in MFC

I guess here we could use some help from the user community.

Unlike earlier versions, the ECLiPSe 5.10 binaries for Windows
are not produced with a MS compiler, but cross-compiled via MinGW.
We distribute an eclipse.dll.a file which can be used to link using
the gnu linker, but this is not the same as a MS .lib file.
In principle, it should be possible to use MS's LIB utility to
create an eclipse.lib file from eclipse.dll and eclipse.def
(see e.g. http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/MSVC-MinGW-DLL),
but some sources (http://wyw.dcweb.cn/stdcall.htm) suggest
that this might not be so straightforward when different
calling conventions are involved (the eclipse dll contains both
stdcall and cdecl functions - all the basic ones are stdcall).

I don't have a Microsoft development environment set up at the
moment, so I'd be grateful if someone else could shed some light
on this issue.

-- Joachim