[eclipse-announce] FURTHER INFORMATION: ECLiPSe Summer School

From: Carmen Gervet <cg6_at_icparc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: Wed 27 Feb 2002 01:48:14 PM GMT
Dear Colleagues,

We are glad to inform you that we've had a big response to the ECLiPSe
summer school announcement, and we are now planning the course in more
detail to maximise "degree of satisfaction of your needs".  It will
take place at Wye college, Kent, UK from the morning of Tuesday
September 3rd until lunchtime on September 5th.

The course will be made up of five sessions (morning and afternoon),
covering two topics in each session (total of 10 topics).  Each
session will include both lectures and practical ECLiPSe programming
exercises.

To make the programme most suited to your needs we would appreciate if
you rank your areas of interest (courses you want to attend and learn
more about) among the following topics:

[1 most preferred - 14 least preferred].

a. Prolog and FD solver                                []
b. Building own constraints                            []
c. Eplex and XPRESS-MP                                 []

d. Repair library                                      []
e. Hybrid solvers 1: model transformation              []
f. Hybrid solvers 2: probing                           []
g. Hybrid solvers 3: using linear duals                []

h. IC library                                          []
i. Set library                                         []
j. Propia and CHR                                      []

k. Embedability/Java                                   []
l. Developing applications- methodology                []
m. Profiling/debugging                                 []
n. Any other specific requests?			       []

Also could you let us know whether you will be able to bring a
laptop with the latest eclipse release                 [] Y/N

For those of you still hesitating about coming, please let us know as
soon as you can.  We have to book in advance for the room and
accommodation so we may not be able to fit you in.

We will, of course, contact you with details about transport,
accommodation, facilities, and the course itself, as soon as
we have completed the planning.

        Cheers

Mark and Carmen

--